Related plans are two or more distinct pension plans that have agreed to recognize service earned under the other plans for benefit eligibility purposes.
What are Related Plans?
When does this affect me?
If during your working years you worked in employment covered by the Teamsters 705 Pension Plan, but also worked in employment covered by a Related Plan, your service accrued under both pension plans would be considered in determining your eligibility for benefits, both under the Teamsters 705 Plan and the Related Plan.
Who are the Related Plans?
- Teamsters Union No. 142 Pension Fund
- Teamsters Local 301 Pension Fund
- Chicago Area I.B. of T. Pension Trust Fund (Local 703)
- International Brotherhood Teamsters Local Union No. 710 Pension Fund
- Teamsters Local Union No. 727 Pension Fund Funeral Industry
- Teamsters Local Union No. 727 Pension Fund Garage and Miscellaneous Industries
- Local 731 I.B. of T. Excavators and Pavers Pension Fund
- Local 731 I.B. of T. Private Scavengers and Garage Attendants Pension Fund
- The Teamsters Local 734 Pension Fund
- Soft Drink Industry Pension Fund (formerly L744)
- Beer Industry – Local Union No. 703 Pension Fund (formerly L744)
- Building Material Local Union 786 Pension Fund
- Lumber Employees Local Union 786 Retirement Fund
- Suburban Teamsters of Northern Illinois Pension Fund
- Chicago Truck Drivers, Helpers and Warehouse Workers Union Pension Fund
- Central States Southeast and Southwest Areas Pension Fund
- Teamsters National Reciprocal Agreement
- UPS Pension Plan
- Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund
In addition, each plan signatory to the National Reciprocal Agreement for Teamsters Pension Funds is also considered a Related Plan.
How does this affect my Pension?
Depending on your work history, your service may be divided between the Teamsters 705 Plan and a Related Plan. As a result, your benefit service under the Teamsters 705 Plan may be insufficient to make you eligible for a pension benefit. However, the Teamsters 705 Plan will recognize your service under a Related Plan. As a result, you may be eligible for a Reciprocal or Partial Pension under the Teamsters 705 Plan.
If you had service under a Reciprocal Plan, you should contact the Fund Office for additional information, since eligibility for and amount of benefits payable are based on the terms and provisions of the plan and each applicable Reciprocal Agreement.
This notice is a general description of reciprocal agreements and is not intended to cover all the applicable provisions of the Teamsters 705 Pension Plan and Reciprocal Agreements which may affect your entitlement to and amount of benefit payable under this Plan. In addition, the applicable provisions of the Related Plan(s) would affect your entitlement to and amount of benefit payable under the Related Plan.